Membership Code of Ethics
The Georgian Bay Native Women’s Association is a membership-based organization who’s members pay annual dues of $10.00 per family and adhere to the following code of ethics :
- I pledge to honour the belief of supporting the unity of all native women, regardless of legal categories – status, non-status, Metis.
- I pledge to at all times stand and speak with the pride and dignity that my Native heritage demands.
- I will be tolerant of diversity, honest with my opinions and feelings and, above all, respect the opinions and feelings of my Native sisters, even though we may disagree.
- I will support and work toward the stated aims and objectives of the organization.
- I will, at all times, conduct myself in a manner that brings respect and credibility to the Georgian Bay Native Women’s Association.
- Any grievances, comments or criticisms that I may have that relate to this organization, I will be responsible to bring them to the attention of the members of the association and/or officers of the association as soon as possible, to be dealt with by the membership and/or officers openly and honestly without prejudice.
- I will endeavour to work cooperatively with other groups, organizations or individuals, Native and non-Native, to solve problems and to support mutual concerns.
- I will work responsibly and cooperatively with fellow citizens towards a humane society: equal opportunity for participation, tolerance of differences and respect for all living things.
Please contact the office for more information.